Sunday, October 26, 2008

grumble, grumble

A couple of updates:

The sermon thing - well, I've finally been scheduled for Advent - and yes, it's the Sunday right after Thanksgiving (again) but heck, at least I'm scheduled. The OP and my preaching has been an interesting topic round here. A couple weeks ago he commented that I was very "emotive" in a wedding homily - not like the "real me," a me that he missed. On the other hand, I had person after person after person at that wedding tell me it was the best wedding they'd ever been to and I had such presence and on and on... I don't know what to do with that - how he just doesn't get the feeling side of me. Silly INTJ.

The former boyfriend thing - HA! Well, remember when I was talking about wishing I could contact the former boyfriend and make sure all was well in his world? I'm so glad my friends wisely counseled me against that plan. Ran into him at the farmers' market yesterday (it was raining, I was with two great friends, oh, yeah, and I had a baby in a backpack on my back). First words out of his mouth were rather jerky (though, yes, according to one of the friends, somewhat understandable). Still, definite jerkness going on. Which would make complete sense if I had been the one to break things off with him and done it poorly - something I have shamefully done in the past and have deserved all the anger/snarkiness/etc thrown my way). Except he ended things. And it was months ago. And I - the one who got her heart broken - am over things and have been for quite some time. So, why is he all bitter and jerky? Very, very, very frustrating... and hurtful.

The call thing - still sensing, still wondering, still paying attention.

No comments: