Monday, October 27, 2008

it's elementary, my dear watson

Oy vey.

Sometimes programming at Church just gives me a headache. Wait, no, make that all the time. Another minister told me the other night that she's enrolled in this administration course where they meet two weeks in the summer for two years and learn about, yes, church administration. Now doesn't that sound like a good time. Wait, no. But it does sound like something that might be necessary. Or at least helpful. Maybe if I could learn some tricks of the admin trade, I wouldn't hate it so much.

Also, sometimes people give me a headache. Found out last night - at Church's Potluck Dinner that former boyfriend - yes, the one I ran into this weekend - is getting married. Huh. Not sure what to think about that. I cringe a little - because he's got a lot of work on himself to do (and seemed to be aware of that last we really spoke and I kinda doubt all that work has been accomplished in 8 months) and now he's becoming attached not just to a woman but her 2 children as well. I want him to be happy and well but the minister in me who does premarital counseling says "danger, will robinson, danger." Another year from now, and sure, awesome... but really, now? With all that crap going on? Okay.... Aside from that, I really want to smack him upside the head for being a poo to me the other day. Makes no sense at all. If all is wonderful and well in his world, then where does the bitterness toward me come from? Weird. Again, I can't ponder this too much because a) it doesn't really matter and b) it gives me a headache.

Tonight I'm going to try something that I hope won't give me a headache! With good friends I'm going to enter a new world - that of utter geekdom. Now, I know it may seem I've been there before, but not like this (think 20-sided dice). I was invited and I like the people so, why not? Still, wish me well as I enter into this brave new world.

3 comments:

Pastor Peters said...

what??? he's getting married??? what???

um, what is this administration thing? do you want to travel again together this summer?

Singular Girl said...

I'm not even going to go there with the marriage thing. All I'm going to say is good thing you got rid of crazy, crazy guy when you did cause I can think of lots of strange scenarios that will come from this and all of them end in tears (for them, not you).

And does this game involve any sort of dungeon or dragon?

Amy said...

pastor peters - I know! Ah, such is the way of things. I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best.

I'd love to travel this summer but I'm already booked for all my con ed time (plus strapped for cash). Summer 2010, though? Eh, eh?

Rach - Yes, yes it does. :)