Tuesday, November 18, 2008

much needed

I'm enjoying a nice stay-cation at the moment. Thought about heading out of town but decided that I just needed to stay put and do absolutely nothing. Well, nothing and just a little bit of work on that form. You know, the one we ministers put out when we're open to a new call. Yep, I've promised myself (and my dear friends who have had to put up with me and my lack of happiness in my job) that I'm putting that form out.

I love my church - I love the people - but I haven't been challenged in a way I enjoy for quite some time. And while there are things on the horizon that are exciting, I think I'm here to plant those seeds and then someone else water them. I think. Of course, I could be completely wrong (and I'd be okay with that) but it's time to not just say I'm open, but to actually be open.

So, lazy days with a little bit of future thinking. Good vacation so far.

1 comment:

Pastor Peters said...

wow. that's huge. congrats. and blessed discernment dear friend.