Tuesday, September 30, 2008

every girl should have girlfriends

I'm having a great "I love friends" moment.

I'm sitting in Coffee Shop with a good friend (we're both "working). We were talking about my resolution to toss the ex of the previouis post's number (which has been done, by the by). I told her I decided to not intentionally contact him because I can't control what I'll find on the other line of the phone. I want to find a happy person, a well-adjusted person, etc, but what if I don't? What then? Since I don't have answer to those questions, I realized I can't call.

Anyway, I was telling her these things, about how I wish I'd find him happy, and she said "I don't. I want him to regret for the rest of his life what he is missing out on." This sort of feeling isn't one that I can hold onto - not healthy by any means, and actually, very unlike me - but it sure is great to have friends who carry that stuff for you!

Seriously, girlfriends rock.

No comments: