Monday, September 1, 2008

laboring day

It's a beautiful day here in Small City, The South. Resting from my labors by watching cars drive by at a local coffee shop (not The Coffee Shop as it is closed today!). This weekend was a perfect - and needed - weekend. A good friend who has moved away came back for a day or so and spending time with her and other friends was very centering. Preaching and feeling really solid about the sermon and the challenging subject matter (and being affirmed in that sense of hitting the mark by many a church goer) was also great and needed.

Confidence currently higher than it has been since last Tuesday and the reading of yet another anoymous comment (the second of the two negative ones from previously mentioned survey).

Got a voice message this afternoon from a church member - "hi, um, I got this number from the bathroom stall of Local Bar. It said, 'For Salvation, call..."

Hee. I love my people sometimes. Okay, most times.

And on a last note, listening to my ipod on shuffle and "silver bells" just came up. Ack - it's just Sept 1 - I still have time before Christmas, right?

No comments: