Tuesday, August 26, 2008

a brief peak

Not a whole lot is going on at the moment - though I've been told by Rev Kettle I need to blog for her amusement.

This weekend I'm going to see Mamma Mia - with two widows from my church. Not quite how I thought I'd catch that flick, but there you go!

I'm also preaching this Sunday on a topic I really am not entirely excited by (Christ as King, anyone?) so my sermon writing will be excruciating, I am sure.

OP and I have begun weekly catch-up meetings, which is fine I suppose. Feels a little like he's micromanaging again, but I'm taking up asking him about all the little things he's doing and offering my unsolicited opinion back. Just to keep things balanced.

Watched the newish BBC/PBS Sense and Sensibility and LOVED it. My favorite version now.

I still marvel at the level of dippiness of certain people in my acquaintance.

And it's only Tuesday!

1 comment:

Singular Girl said...

Maybe you could throw some Abba references into your Sunday sermon to spice it up a bit... just enough to see if anyone would notice and to amuse yourself. I still haven't seen Mamma Mia - I think it will be a Netflix rental for me.